You can always count on me to do my best to give you the best information i have available, so that i can help make your real estate experience a good one.
Today, i’m going to give you 6 ways not to sell your home!
With tongue in cheek, here are 6 six things you can do to make sure your home doesn’t sell:
1. Over price your home. Almost nothing can prevent you from getting your home seen, let alone sold, than pricing it higher than comparable homes on the market. When buyers are starting their search, price is a huge criteria. If your home is over priced, it will not compare well with others at the same price and have a greatly reduced chance of selling.
2. Ignore curb appeal. Some buyers first impression of your home will be when they drive by. If you don’t regularly cut the grass, attend to the landscaping, and leave that old dead bush at the side of the house, those buyers will just keep on driving!
3. Use poor photos. With an extremely high percentage of buyers going to the internet first to see what’s on the market, you can turn them off by unprofessional looking photos. Be sure to include crooked walls, dark areas, and pictures of irrelevant things so that they’re left with the feeling that your home is not for them.
4. Place too many restrictions on showings. If you can make your home difficult to see, you insure that you won’t be bothered by too many realtors and buyers.
5. Figure that you can give something on the price instead of fixing things. Most of today’s buyers want a home they can move into and start enjoying without the prospect of numerous upgrades and repairs. If your home doesn’t look ready to sell, it won’t!
6. Choose a realtor based on a low ball commission instead of a good marketing plan. Most realtors i know work very hard for their clients. This can be a very challenging business at times, so those realtors who aren’t up to the challenge or don’t want to work hard will typically work for a lower rate. They’re depending up other realtors to do the marketing and prospecting while they wait for the business to come to them.
As i said at the beginning, this is all tongue in cheek. In fact, if you do the opposite of everything i just told you, you will have a much better chance of selling your home!
1911 Indian Wood Circle
Maumee, OH 43537